Dads Through the Decades
50 Years of TV Single Dads
Right now, I've identified more than one hundred sixty occasions of TV Single Dads on American television, spanning the years 1952-present. A single list would be unwieldy, so I've split the list into decade-groupings:
- The Fifties and Sixties - When all the basics of the genre got hammered out.
- The Seventies - Perhaps the thickest concentration of Single Dads on television was during the Age of Polyester.
- The Eighties - Who's taking care of whom? The revisionist Single Dad shows, where the Dads take the backseat.
- The Nineties - Single Dads in space and on cable. Quite a few made out of PAINT!
- The 00's - Living with Single Dads in the 21st Century.
- The 10's - TV Dads, long after TV went away.
- Dad Planet - Single Dad shows from around the world.
- Fall Preview - What's coming up later this year in TV Single Dad-Land?
Got more news? E-mail me.